Lake Washington Sailing Club is a member-run, volunteer organization of individuals and boat owners interested in small boat sailing and windsurfing. We are an independent club licensed by the Port of West Sacramento and our Club facility is located at the Port of West Sacramento at the South end of Harbor Blvd.
We are a diverse group of people who enjoy being on, or near, the water and connecting with like-minded folk
s. Many of us have formed lasting friendships as a result of time spent together during official club activities or just "hanging out" on site, taking in the wind, water, sun, ships and wildlife.
Take Harbor Blvd south from Highway 50 in West Sacramento and continue straight into Port driveway (cross Industrial Blvd), follow signs to Lake Washington Sailing Club.
Approximately 50 feet before the security checkpoint, turn right onto a side road. Follow the road toward the water. You will cross the upper parking lot and see a road down to the clubhouse and other buildings near the water.
Google Map to Port of Sacramento
Since 1933, Lake Washington Sailing Club has had a tradition of fellowship. Volunteering has allowed members to pursue a shared interest in keeping the club running smoothly. There are a number of personal benefits to volunteering your time and talents: (1) It keeps our dues structure low. (2) It is a great vehicle to meet other members and form lasting friendships. (3) It allows the club to function more effectively and serve its members better. (4) Members develop a sense of pride and ownership in the club.
As you get to know the club better, you may find a different committee to your liking. Other volunteer opportunities are available as well. Please contact the Commodore or Vice Commodore for further information regarding volunteer opportunities.
• Port Captain’s Committee: This committee works at the direction of the Port Captain. Its main function is to keep up regular maintenance on club ground, work on special projects around the club assigned by the board and directed by the Port Captain or his assistant.
• Race Committee: The race committee plans and executes all racing activities at LWSC including the One Design Series, the Delta Dinghy Ditch Run, the Turkey Shoot, and the Thursday night series. Duties while serving on the race committee can include but are not limited to working on the committee boat during a regatta, running a safety boat, working on shore side to help racers launch during a regatta, entering racing scores into the club computer, and many other duties.
• Open House Committee: The open house committee for opening day is headed by the Vice-Commodore and plans the opening day at the club where we invite the public to come out to the club and get an introduction to sailing. Volunteers take people out on boat rides, help out with introducing visitors to the grounds, and working on the dock lining up visitors for their boat rides.
• Hospitality Committee: Helps organize the social aspects of the major events at the club. This committee plans and organizes the annual dinner for the club.
• Membership Committee: Helps the Vice-Commodore contact prospective new members when they make application to the club. Works with the Vice Commodore to help with new member orientation.